Remembary has been designed to be easy to use, but users coming to the app for the very first time might need a quick guide to help them out. Here are some hints:
- Remembary always starts at today.
- Tapping on the right side of the page goes to the next day. Tapping on the left side of the page goes to the previous day.
- Swiping along the dotted lines at the top and bottom of the page moves between days as well - swipe to the right to go to the next day, swipe to the left to go to the previous day. Note that swiping over the main part of the page text doesn't navigate between dates, since swipes are detected for scrolling through today's diary entry.
- Tapping on the date in the top left of the page brings up a date picker - use the rollers to select a date and tap on "Jump to Selected Date" to go to that date. You can also tap on "Today" to set the date picker to today.
- You can see a list of entry dates in the left sidebar (in landscape mode) or in the popover that comes up when you tap on the "Entries" button.
- Note that the list of entry dates only includes dates that actually have text in an entry. So if you leave September 15th blank, the listing will show September 14th and September 16th. You can use the date picker or day-to-day navigation to get to the 15th - and the date will show up in the list once it has some content.
- The search will look for matches to exactly what you type (including punctuation, although it isn't case-sensitive). It searches not only the diary text, but also the RSS items and Tweets for each day. Some days without diary text might have matches in their Tweets or RSS items, so they will show up in search results even though they wouldn't normally be in the listing.
- Remembary fetches new Tweets and RSS items whenever it starts. It also re-fetches Tweets and RSS items when you leave the "Journal Prefs" box, since the settings may have changed. So if you want to make sure you have the latest feeds, just open and then close the "Journal Prefs".